Saturday, September 3, 2011

The weekend so far..

This week has been insane to say the least. Wednesday was Maddy's first birthday, we had fun. We celebrated her birthday on Saturday and I'll post about that later. Anyways, Wednesday everybody was gone to work so it was just the two of us. We woke up and I played with her for a while. We had to go to the health department to get WIC & can I just say that we would have been spending close to two hundred dollars a month had it not been for WIC. Thank you Lord! We came home and Maddy's new thing is reading, she loves I mean LOVES books. She will hand you one to read and before your done she grabs it and hands it back to me so I will read it again. Its precious.


After all that we went to Zaxbys for lunch, just the two of us. It was fun & different because I've never eaten out with her by myself. We just chilled the rest of the day then Gigi and Aunt Marlee bought cupcakes. We ate dinner, watched Big Brother (my fav. show) and when Josh got home we let her have some cupcake and sang Happy Birthday. It was a good day! I can't believe she is 1 and I can't believe how much she has changed my life. She is all I want and need. It's beyond amazing being this little girl's mom and having the privilege to stay at home with her every day. She's just precious and such a blessing!

Eating her icing!



Thursday- Well it was a really good normal day! We had our normal morning routine then Grandma came over! Grandma gets off early on Thursdays and comes over sometimes to play with Maddy. She brought Madison french fries & of course she loved them. Then we went to Aunt Marlee's first home volleyball game. They play up to 5 games and whoever wins 3 wins. Gigi got off early to go with us. Gigi and I forgot Maddy's pacifier (this is a BIG deal). We didn't know if she was going to be good or what. Guess what? Madison was perfect! She sat through almost 4 games and was an angel, then she fell asleep. I was in shock. After Aunt Marlee's game we went to eat at El Torito. It was yummy! We had noticed Madison choking on nothing alot that afternoon and night. It worried us. We got her bath and put her to bed but she woke up choking and it sounded wet. Josh and I took her to the Prattville ER and waited a while. She has ANOTHER ear infection and upper respiratory infection. Poor baby got sick literally overnight! We didn't get out til 2 and I went to Walgreens to get her medicine. She didn't sleep at all on Thursday night. Friday was pretty bad because Madison just didn't feel good. Anyways we ordered Marcos Pizza and watched Jumping the Broom. I loved the movie and pizza! We got Madison's bath over with and Dad and Mom offered to stay up with her. She didn't sleep well on Friday night either. Poor Baby!
Well today is Saturday! I think Madison has felt better. Hopefully she will sleep tonight. We stayed home all day today. Josh had to work til 1. He got home & we ate some Zaxbys and played with Madison. She is such a sweet baby, even when she feels horrible! We watched some of the AL & AU game. War Eagle! Josh would say Roll Tide! I decided I wanted to cook for everybody tonight so I made some sliders and twice baked potatoes. They were a hit and we watched some of the Oregon & LSU game while we ate. It has been a good weekend so far minus my baby being sick. I'm so happy that Josh is off tomorrow and Monday!


I hope everybody has a great weekend & I'll post later about our angel's first birthday party!
Thanks for reading~ Kristin :)

1 comment:

  1. aw, poor Maddy! i hope she feels better very soon!
    i love reading your posts about her... you can just tell how good of a mommy you are and how much you love her by the way you talk about her. she's a blessed little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete